Saturday, July 11, 2015

Poached Eggs with Tomato Fondue

The guest author today is the guy usually behind the camera, Beth's husband, Jason.  I recently found a series of cooking videos on YouTube by a French Chef, Raymond Blanc.  The series is called "Raymond Blanc: How to Cook Well".  Formerly a BBC series, each episode dives into a different technique (Slow Cooking, Poaching, Roasting, Baking, Frying, BBQ & Grill).  All of the recipes in the video look phenomenal, and Beth and I are inspired to cook our way through each episode.

Today we made our first recipe from the Poaching episode.  It is Saturday morning, and I've got time to make a delicious breakfast (and it sure was!).  Here it is:

Photo by: Jason Hedlund


I'm not going to write out the recipe, since it is available online.  Here are the links:

Raymond Blanc: How to Cook Well - Poached Eggs  (I highly recommend watching this first)

Poached Eggs with Tomato Fondue - PDF Recipe (This version doesn't include the bacon)


I hope you enjoy this breakfast as much as we did! It might just be the best breakfast I've ever had in my life.


Bon appétit,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment